Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Prayers requested!

My brother - we'll call him G, is 14 months older than me. He was married in the Salt Lake temple just over 12 years ago. He and his wife have 2 small boys. Last week, his wife asked for a divorce. He was devastated and heartbroken. Last night, his house burned down.
He and his wife decided to sell the house and each get individual apartments. G wanted to do a short sell and he started packing on Sunday. They boys are at my moms with my kids. He lit a candle to cover up the litter box smell and packed. Eventually he fell into bed, exhausted. A while later a smoke alarm went off and all he could see was orange coming from the kitchen area. He was able to grab a couple of things (but not his shoes or glasses) and got out, calling 911. I'm not sure yet how much damage there is, but speaking from experience- I'd say it's a total loss. He may be able to salvage a few things, but the house is irreparable.
I am SO grateful that he is ok and that the kids weren't there. Those poor boys have been through enough lately - they were in a car wreck a few weeks ago, their parents fighting and now divorcing. At least they won't know that fear of waking up to a burning home.
I haven't personally spoken to G. But my mom said he called just bawling, asking why everything was being taken away. I'm just heartbroken for him. I hate seeing loved ones go through such misery.

No comments:

Post a Comment