Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Life is frustrating

I just tried to get a business loan from a locally owned bank and I got a big fat NO. I thought small banks were supposed to look at more than just a credit score. The lady thought my business was a great idea and she was sure it would succeed, but my credit score is horrible, so she had to say no.

What's the point of having small banks if they are going to act just like the big banks? The small banks are supposed to look at your entire situation; look at the person vs. the credit score. I have had kids that needed me at home and that meant I couldn't pay every medical bill. Three-fourths of my credit is bad because of medical bills.

And why can't they base it on the business idea? If a person has a solid business idea, that should be taken into account, right? But no, all they look at is the number on your credit score. What if Bill Gates or Steve Jobs had never been able to get their business going? I know my business would never compare to theirs, but you get the idea.

People have seemed to forget what the American Dream is all about. This country was founded by criminals (only because they decided to pursue religious freedom) and one of the strongest nations was born. I'm not even a criminal; I'm just a person that hasn't been blessed with an abundance of money who wanted to raise her kids herself instead of handing them over to strangers. I missed my oldest daughters first steps because I was working. I couldn't stand hearing her scream for me when I dropped her off with a babysitter every morning. I knew deep down that she needed me more than I needed money. My husband was a hard worker and it was enough to get the bills paid (most of the time). So fourteen years later, I can't make my family's life better because I have a bunch of small medical bills and 1 large student loan that needs to be paid off.

Life can be so frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment