Saturday, July 7, 2012

I love my girls. I love spending time with them. The little ones are in bed and I am spending time with my older girls.

Carly (14) is like a breath of fresh air to me. She just brings me so much happiness. Martha (11) keeps me on my toes. She is sassy and has the greatest comebacks. I love playing around with them. When everyone is in a good mood, we can have the best time. We tease each other and make bad jokes and just laugh.

I love seeing a side of them that no one else sees, and I love being able to totally be myself in front of them. I can't act like that with anyone else except Pete, not even a best friend. I love watching the woman inside of them start to shine.

It's different having older girls vs. having little girls. With the little ones, they are cute and silly and they are just learning about the whole world. It's fun to watch them grow and experience life for the first time. It's like watching a flower just popping up out of the ground. With the older girls, it's like watching that flower bloom. It's an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything.

I love having a front-row seat to watching my daughters grow and bloom. I am anxious to see the beautiful women they will become.

No comments:

Post a Comment