Thursday, July 5, 2012

Cracking under pressure

Today has just been one of those blah days. I recently stopped taking my antidepressant and I find that everything just ticks me off now. My husband and Martha especially. I love them both but I just have a negative amount of patience and they need it from me, especially Martha. She just has melt down after meltdown, and considering she is the only one here. . . lets just say it wasn't a quiet couple of days while she was home. Carly was home for about 2 hours and didn't want to go stay with my brother, but commitments must be followed thru with. So she and Martha are gone again and it's just me and Pete.
Martha had a therapy appointment today and I visited with the therapist for a few minutes after she was done. The therapist strongly encouraged me to get counseling because I have so much going on and it's just too much for one person to deal with. Well, duh! That's what a good mother does, right?

Put on a good face for the world to see while she's crumbling on the inside. That's what I feel like right now. I don't need therapy; I just need someone to really listen to me, give me a hug, and sympathize with me. But my family only wants to "fix" everything by explaining stuff or treating me like I'm an idiot. That's not what I need. My closest friend is of course out of town for the entire summer and she is the only one that comes close to this.

I feel like a tea kettle that's about to blow under the pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment